The Township of Malahide invites applications for appointment to its Council Remuneration Review Committee.
The Council Remuneration Review Committee will review the remuneration and benefits to be paid to the Township of Malahide Council Members and, if necessary, recommend changes to be implemented for the remainder of this term of Council. The goal of the Committee is to produce an independent report with recommendations for the level of total compensation for the Council for the term of office and to review existing policies and practices and make comparisons with similar sized peer and neighbouring rural municipalities. The Committee will prepare and present a report to Council.
The membership of the Committee will be comprised of a minimum of three (3) members having expertise and experience in areas such as municipal government, business, management, or community organizations. At least one (1) of which will be a business representative from within the business community.
To qualify as a committee member:
- All citizen members of the Committee must be residents or ratepayers of the Township of Malahide.
- Business Representatives must be owners or operators of businesses operating in Malahide but need not be residents.
- All members of the Committee must be at least 18 years of age and are required to maintain their status as either a citizen member or a business representative throughout their term on the Committee.
- Applicants must not be a Member of Council or an employee of the municipality.
- Citizen members shall have regard to the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act and any other applicable legislation and council-approved policies.
- Applicants shall disclose all potential and/or perceived conflicts known to them at the time of application. It is the responsibility of all members to declare a direct or indirect conflict of interest on related items.
- All members must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Prior to undertaking the duties of a Committee Member, each appointee is required to participate in a Committee orientation session and sign a confidentiality and code of conduct agreement.
Click here for the Terms for Reference for the Committee.
Please contact Michelle Casavecchia-Somers, Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk, for further information regarding Committee mandate or recruitment process, firstname.lastname@example.org or 519- 773-5344 ext. 225.
Click here for a copy of the Application. Please submit your application no later than noon on Friday, January 31, 2020.
Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used for candidate selection purposes only. Accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.