The Township of Malahide will only accept applications for advertised positions that are posted below. Unsolicited applications for employment will not be kept on file.
MALAHIDE FIRE SERVICES
Are you a Malahide Township resident? Are you a farmer, homemaker, self-employed, work from home or work shifts?
Our ideal firefighter will have a strong desire to serve their community, value integrity, honesty and demonstrate pride in being efficient, reliable and accountable.
If you have a solid work ethic, sense of loyalty and duty, coupled with the ability and willingness to follow instructions promptly and efficiently; if you are willing to dedicate the time required to successfully complete a mandatory training program, attend training sessions and respond to emergencies within your response district; this could be your opportunity to make a difference in your community.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- be a resident of the community or reside within the proximity of the area to which a fire station responds
- be at least 18 years of age
- within one year of acceptance of a position:
- be able to acquire a Class D-Z driver license (costs assumed by Municipality)
- be able to acquire First Aid/CPR and Defibrillator training (costs assumed by Municipality)
- be able to complete NFPA Firefighter Level 1&2 (costs assumed by Municipality)
- insurable under the Township’s fleet policy
- have a means of transportation to respond to alarms
- proficient in English
- no criminal record (with occupational relevance) for which a pardon has not been granted
For more information, please Fire Chief Brent Smith by phone at 519-773-5344 Ext. 230 or by email at email@example.com
Application forms available at the Township of Malahide Office or online at www.malahide.ca.
Interested applicants please provide your completed application by
October 26, 2018 to:
Gwen Tracey, Human Resources Co-Ordinator
Township of Malahide
87 John Street, South, Aylmer, Ontario N5H 2C3
Neighbours helping Neighbours . . . . Volunteer Today!