Contruction Projects as of July 19, 2017 by Malahide Roads Department
- Century Line Conversion Program – Ditching completed between Whittaker Rd and Putnam Rd. Ditching to be completed between Newell Rd and Whittaker Rd this week. Gravel application scheduled for next week to both sections, with a double service treatment planned for late August.
- Dorchester Road Conversion – Final grading to be completed early next week, with a double surface treatment installed the following week.
- Whittaker Road Conversion – Construction activities to commence the week of July 31. Project to include roadside ditching, geometric improvements and a double surface treatment. Road will be closed for the duration of the project. Completion anticipated by mid-September.
- Single Surface Treatment – Single Surface treatment to be completed on Crossley Hunter Line, from Belmont Road to Imperial Road; and Yorke Line from Whittaker Road to Putnam Road beginning late next week.
- Microsurfacing – A microsurfacing treatment will be applied to Wilson Line from Belmont Road to Imperial Road; as well as Dingle Line from the Aylmer Town Limits to Hacienda Road, and Caverly Road south of Brook Line. Work to commence in early August.
- Fibremat Surfacing – Vienna Line from Springfield Road to Richmond Road. Work to commence in mid-August.
- Broadway Street Bridge – Old bridge has been removed and mud slab poured. Precast footings to be installed this week. Project completion is anticipated by August 15.
Elgin County Road Projects (weather permitting).
- Aylmer Resurfacing - Paving operations on Elm Street began July 14. Paving the rail road tracks on Elm Street is scheduled July 17 and Beech Street will be paved on July 18. Beginning July 19, John Street immediately north of Talbot Line will receive asphalt paving. Paving will require approximately 2 weeks to complete and is weather sensitive, therefore schedule delays are expected.
- Avon Drive Rehabilitation (Helder Road to Avon) - The rehabilitation of Avon Drive has progressed with Cold In-place recycling activities. Road recycling should be finished by Wednesday, July 19th. Asphalt paving is scheduled near the end of August.
- Brooks Bridge Replacement (Lyons Line at Newell Road) - Lyons Line is now closed at Brooks Bridge while the bridge is being replaced. A detour route is planned along Imperial Road (County Road 73), Ron McNeil Line (County Road 52), and Whittaker Road (County Road 49). It is anticipated that the road will be closed until September to facilitate the bridge replacement. The old bridge has been removed and new bridge footings are planned to be installed over the next 2 weeks.