Please note that access to the Township Office (87 John Street South, Aylmer) is closed to the public, for everyone’s health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Township of Malahide continues to provide essential services like drinking water, waste collection, fire protection and road maintenance. However, some services may be limited or postponed.
The Township Staff are working regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Monday to Friday. You can visit us online at www.malahide.ca or contact us by phone at 519-773-5344 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Building Permit Applications & Building Inspections
Building permits are currently being issued. Occupancy inspections in any new building will be conducted. At this time,interior inspections on occupied dwellings are not being conducted. Please be mindful of the social distancing if on-site when the building inspector arrives to complete inspection.
If you have any questions related to building inspections or permits, contact the building inspector email@example.com or 519-773-5344 ext. 233.
Commissioner of Oaths
This service is available by appointment only. Please contact Deputy Clerk Diana Wilson for appointment. 519-773-5344 ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall rentals at Malahide Community Place are permitted effective September 1, 2020; subject to all users of the facility adhering to all Municipal, Provincial or Southwestern Public Health mandated COVID 19 safety policies/protocols.
Hall rentals at the South Dorchester Community Hall be restricted to rentals of limited size and function, such as 1 person kitchen rentals, use by the Harvest Bowl Project, and business meetings of the South Dorchester Optimist Club; subject to all such users adhering to Municipal, Provincial or Southwestern Public Health mandated COVID 19 safety policies/protocols.
The Malahide Township Council continues to meet during the COVID 19 Pandemic via video-conference. The Meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:30pm. Malahide Township Council meetings can be viewed via our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2WWxGHYoaNBixWD8viFlGw
The issuing of a new lottery licence is suspended until further notice.
All events and program currently booked in these facilities will be affected by this closure.
Inquiries 519-773-5344 ext. 280 or email@example.com
All planning applications, including zoning by-law and Official Plan amendments, severances, minor variances, site plan control applications, can be submitted electronically via email in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments by cheque can be sent by mail or deposited in the drop box at the Township Office. Please note that there may be delays to the regular timelines for processing of applications, which require a statutory public meeting due to restrictions on public gatherings. All communications will be done by phone or email.
Effective June 5, 2020, the pier in Port Bruce will be open to the public. This will enable people to both walk on the pier and fish off the pier provided that they follow all of the recommended safety guidelines, including practicing social distancing.
The beach in Port Bruce was opened on June 22, 2020. Please follow recommended safety guidelines, including practicing social distancing.
Municipal Parks are now open. Please follow recommended safety guidelines, including practicing social distancing.
Annual dog licences were available for pickup in the Township Office from November 2019-January 2020. If you did not pick them up, the tags and an invoice were mailed to owners in mid-January. Those invoices were due March 31st. If you are a new resident to Malahide or have a new dog to register, please contact 519-773-5344 ext. 222. You can pay for your dog tag online or by telephone banking, by cheque through the regular mail, or by depositing payment in the Drop Box at the Township Office.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
Garbage and recycling collection continues as regularly scheduled. There are a number of actions that you can take to help collectors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please bag all loose items, including tissues and napkins, and place in the garbage bag. Do not place loose waste in garbage containers.
- If you or someone in your household is feeling unwell, please place items that have been in contact with your mouth, nose, or eyes into a bag and then into the garbage. This includes items that you normally place into recycling, such as plastic bottles, pop cans, and milk or juice containers.
- Please reduce the amount of waste placed at the curb. We ask that residents place the least amount of garbage at the curb as possible.
- Please respect physical distancing with Sanitation and Recycling Operators and do not approach the vehicle. We ask that residents maintain the two metre physical distancing measures with the staff during this time.
- Wipe down your bluebox and garbage can to be thoughtful toward our garbage and recycling collectors.
For all other inquiries, please call 519-773-5344 ext. 232 or email email@example.com
Garbage Bag Tags
If you wish to purchase bag tags, please deposit your cheque in the Drop Box at the Township Office indicating the number of tags that you require and the address to which you would like the tags mailed.
If you have not picked up your annual garbage bag tag allotment, please call the Township Office at 519-773-5344 ext. 221 and the tags will be mailed to you.
Open Air Burning
Under the current declaration of a State of Emergency in Malahide Township, Open Air Burn permits for farm properties continue to be issued throughout the Township. Please ensure that you are strictly complying with the terms of your Permit to ensure that our staff are not unnecessarily called upon to respond. Our volunteer firefighters not only respond to fire, but to medical emergencies as well. If they are responding to a burn complaint they may not be available to respond to someone in need as a result of COVID-19.
Without a permit, you may have a recreational fire, no larger than 2 feet square. The smoke from your fire may not travel across a roadway or annoy your neighbour. The fire must be supervised at all times and have a source of extinguishment close at hand.
Call the Township Office for your Burn Permit at 519-773-5344 ext. 241.
If you have questions about your property tax bill, please call 519-773-5344 ext. 221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contractors and Vendors
Please continue to send your invoices by mail, email or using the Drop Box at the Township office. Payments are being processed per standard procedure.
Vendors are urged to move to the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) method of payment, to eliminate potential delays and minimize document handling. Please contact us at 519-773-5344 ext. 229 or email us at email@example.com or visit our website www.malahide.ca for more information.
Tenders & RFPS
Companies or individuals who want to bid on a project presently in tender can do so by depositing the tender document in the Township Office drop box.
If you wish to view the application of a time stamp on the tender, please use the following procedure:
- Contractor drops the tender in blue bin in the foyer of Township Office and communicates such action to the Staff and then stands outside the main door while the Staff retrieves the tender package.
- Contractor can observe time stamp being placed on their package through the glass door.
- Elgin County Press Release - Keeping Beaches Safe - July 30, 2020
- Press Release - Southwestern Public Health - Issued July 29, 2020 - Risk Management Advised in Response to Rise in Cases
- Elgin County Press Release - Preparing to open Elgin County Beaches as soon as June 22, 2020.
- June 1, 2020 - Township of Malahide is reopening several park amenities for public use.
- See Press Release issued May 15, 2020, up-dating County of Elgin Information.
- Important Information for Boaters regarding Borders -Travel to the U.S. by waterway is prohibited at this time. All boaters must stay within Canadian waters.
- Southwestern Public Health - Information to Owners of Secondary Residences/Cottages
- Southwestern Public Health - Information on Seasonal Workers (April 20, 2020)
- Southwestern Public Health Community Update: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Daily Update
- Southwestern Public Health - COVID 19 Advice and Complaint Flow Chart
- All Outdoor Recreational Amenities across Province Now Closed
- Declaration of State of Emergency
- Township Statement - Declaration of Emergency
- Township Statement